Monday, September 14, 2009

On Routines And More Routines

Yesterday was the UAAP Cheerdance Competition. I was supposed to be reviewing for this morning's exam, but well, it's always easier to choose watching a cheerdance competition over staring at piles of photocopied papers. Haha. It was a good competition, sayang lang nag-third ang UP Pep. FEU came in first with 86.1%, Ateneo was first runner up with 83.4%, and UP Pep ranked third with 83.1%. I later learned that 6 points were deducted from UP's score--5 points for an error in the pyramid and 1 point for the Ikot jeepney which was ever so slightly inside the border at one point. But well, they had a great routine, and a magical transforming jeepney. Haha. And the execution was almost perfect. I will forever be in awe of UP Pep.

In case you missed it, well, boo you. Just kidding. Watch it now.



Another sayang, in my opinion was the UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe. The slip-ups were a little more noticeable, but they had a daring routine this year. I loved the Shiva-ish thing they did, the effect was really cool. I'd really rather that UP lost to them, because in my opinion the two teams were on a level of their own.

I was unimpressed with the Ateneo Blue Babble Battalion's performance--okay fine, the moonwalk was fun--but I'd have to admit they were incredibly clean this year. But still, maybe next year they could step things up a bit.

Same goes for the champions, the FEU Tamaraws, now also known as the Chickens. Haha, don't hate me FEU students. It was a very colorful Sarimanok. But perhaps you could explain the relevance to me? Simple and clean did the job. Congratulations.

I guess that's what you get when gymnastics people invade the panel of judges. They'll go for the more predictable but clean moves, rather than innovation with a few errors.

Which brings me to another topic, i.e., my life and its utter dullness. You might want to skip this part. This is not a feel-good post.

All I really have to say is, I'm tired of my simple and clean routine of a life. And because words are failing me right now, let me illustrate with this flowchart.




Sounds like FUN?

Call 1800-super-proxy right now!

You can live my life using the
seven-day FREE trial!

(After that you have to buy a license.)

See posters and print ads for details. Per DTI permit number 11235813.

2 comments:

Juvy said...

errr. what's up with the flowchart? HAHAHA

Rz F said...

Epekto ng boredom at ng ComSci past. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

labels are for posts, not for people

Copyscape

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape