Friday, July 17, 2009

Long Shot

I'm not one to brag about my talents (whatever those might be), or about my achievements (mainly because I don't have much, I guess). Sure, I dream of being able to do something great. I aspire and work for that, but I never expect to pull it off. I know, people have been telling me that it's such a pessimistic view, but well. I hope for the best and expect the worst.

Thus I have decided to enter my blog into the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards. It's a long, long shot. But I've always seen myself as someone who'll die trying. Come to think of it, I won't even die. Worst that can happen is that my deepest, weirdest thoughts will be read by a panel of judges I'll be an embarrassing sort of amusement. Not bad--after all, isn't that the point of me creating this blog anyway?

Speaking of shots, by the way, I was in Rob Ermita (as always) a while ago, with two of my block mates. We were in Tom's World, killing time and draining wallets, and I decided to play Sharp Shooter--you know, those basketball shooting things. I got an all-time high score of 160, which may seem really lame until you consider the fact that I'm a skinny, 90+ pound, 18 year-old girl who hasn't played a real game of basketball in five years. Oh, and yeah, I hadn't eaten my breakfast at the time too.

I guess what I'm saying is that you never know how far you can go until you try. This year, I think I finally want to find out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

labels are for posts, not for people

Copyscape

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape